Types of Sweat Stains
The first thing you need to do is determine what type of sweat stain you’re dealing with. Sweat is most common in the armpit or underarm area. The pit stains may simply be caused by sweat, or may be caused by aluminium in your deodorant reacting with your sweat.
Stains can occur in other places as well. You may experience yellow stains on your pants or even on your sheets when you wake up in the morning. Neck stains on shirts are common as well.
Remove Sweat Stains: Step by Step
Perspiration stain removal is simple with the right product and steps:
- Choose the Dynamo Professional detergent and Sard Wonder pre-treater (for heavily soiled items) that works with the clothing’s colour and fabric type.
- Pre-treat the area with Sard Wonder Super Power Spray, or some direct application of Dynamo Professional Liquid detergent.
- Wash the clothing in the highest possible temperature appropriate for it. Some clothing types, like hats, will need to be washed in cool water. Check the maintenance label.
- Check to see if the stain is gone.
- Repeat steps two through four until the stain is gone.
Choose Your Detergent and Stain Remover
- Choose Dynamo Professional liquid detergents.
- Whether you want to remove sweat stains from sheets, shirts or even jackets, you first need to choose the right Dynamo Professional detergent and Sard Wonder stain remover (for more heavily soiled items). Take a look at the maintenance label and see if the garment is washable. If so, consider Dynamo Professional Liquid, use the instructions on the product for ‘heavily soiled’ clothing.
If the stain appears quite heavy use Sard Wonder Super Power Spray or directly apply a small amount of Dynamo Professional Liquid directly to the stain.
Before you apply your stain remover to the perspiration stain, always check the colour fastness by applying a small amount to an inconspicuous area. If the colour holds, apply the stain remover to the stain, following the product label instructions.
Wash and Rinse
You do not have to rinse Sard Wonder Super Power Spray before washing. Wash the clothing at the highest possible temperature according to the maintenance label. Wash the fabric as quickly as you can, as fresh stains are much easier to get rid of than aged ones.
Check the Stain
If the stain is not completely gone, repeat the pre-treatment and wash steps.
You can also soak some garments in a solution of Dynamo Professional Liquid or Sard Wonder Super Power Soaker, then wash it again.
Removing Sweat and Armpit Stains from Special Laundry Types and Fabrics
It’s important to take the type of laundry and fabric into consideration when removing sweat stains. Not all will require the same steps. Sturdier fabrics, like cotton, linen and polyester will handle the rough and tumble of a washing machine easily. More delicate fabrics, like wool, silk and leather, may require handwashing or even spot treatment.
Check the maintenance label of the laundry item prior to pre-treating and washing it. Your cotton sheets can be thrown into the washing machine. Your suede gloves may need to be hand washed. Consider each of the parts of the clothing item as well. If you’re wondering how to get sweat stains out of hats, think carefully about whether the cap, crown or any other part is made from a sensitive material that may shrink, unravel or fall apart in the washing machine.
Homemade Stain Removers for Sweat Stains
Homemade stain removers and natural stain removers often sound like a good option for getting rid of light stains or stains on delicate fabrics. However, the majority of the time, using them is quite a gamble. Some, like lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide, may stain your coloured clothing. Salt and crushed aspirin may work, but takes hours to do so, making you wait and take time out of your schedule so you can toss the clothing in the washer at just the right time.
Vinegar is often used to not only help get rid of stains, but also as a natural fabric softener. It works well, but many people have found that its low acidity often eats away at rubber and plastic parts within your washing machine, crumbling them over time.
Dynamo Professional detergents and Sard Wonder laundry products, on the other hand, are safe to use, both on your clothing and in your washer. Their stain-fighting power works fast, often getting rid of the stain after the first pre-treatment and wash.
Tired of embarrassing yellow stains? Get rid of them with the right stain remover and a little bit of elbow grease.